Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Ejike: My Target Is To Score 22 Goals This Season

    Reporter: Unknown
    Published: Saturday 25 July 2015
    A- A+
    Current joint top goal scorer in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Bright Ejike has said that his aim this season is to score not less than 22 goals, he spoke to Oham Precious in an exclusive interview in Owerri.
    Ejike: My Target Is To Score 22 Goals This Season

    QUESTION: HOW DID YOU START YOUR CAREER AS A FOOTBALLER?
    Ejike: It has not been easy, I started with an Academy in Aba called Agety, we trained everyday from there I have to take up a challenge when i was very young and also went on trial. I also came to Owerri when they when the club was known as Iwuanyanwu Nationale. I knew they will not sign me but I needed to test myself. 

    I had trials at Iwuanyanwu Nationale, Rangers and Jasper United, all these trials helped
     me to boost my experience because it gave me room to give myself confidence, Finally I found myself in Akwa United when they were known as Ibom Stars. I later left for Gateway United and then to Enyimba before joining Sharks of Portharcourt and here I am in Heartland today.

    QUESTION: AMONG ALL THESE CLUB YOU MENTIONED, WHEN DID YOU START PLAYING  FOOTBALL AS A PROFESSIONAL PLAYER?

    Ejike: It started in Sharks, I played for Sharks of Portharcourt for three seasons, i was their second highest goal scorer all through the season, I played 37 matches for the first season, the second season I played 36 matches and the third season I played 35 matches. I was a regular when I was at Sharks.

    QUESTION: HOW DID YOU BREAK INTO THE NATIONAL TEAM?

    Ejike: From Sharks I went to the U-20 National team and played at the World Cup, I played the Africa Youth Championship in Algeria and at the 2011 World Cup in Colombia.

    QUESTION: WHAT’S THE SECRET BEHIND YOUR GOAL SCORING ABILITIES?

    Ejike: The Secret is God and I believe it's God's appointed time because you cannot do anything if God says it's not your  time to excel, you'll need to work hard and concentrate more. There's practically nothing that I am doing now, I watch lots of videos with focus on how I played . 

    QUESTION: BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED, DID YOU SET A GOAL TATGET FOR YOURSELF?

    Ejike: Of course, I did, I still remember that a Journalist interview me and I said that my target this season is a minimum of 22 goals. I can see and feel it. Though it's neither by my power nor being the best player in the league but it's time and favour from God and one's hard work. 

    QUESTION: ARE YOU GOING TO LEAVE HEARTLAND AT THE END OF THE SEASON?

    Ejike: My prayer is to to leave the club before the end of the season because every good player aspires to go higher everyday. If juice offer comes knocking at this moment I'll be ready to give a go at it. Every player aspire to achieve their dream.

    QUESTION: DID YOU SIGN A VALID CONTRACT WITH HEARTLAND?

    Ejike: they gave a contract paper and even want you to sign tow or three years. If you commit your future to the club for three years you'll find out that when things aren't going on well with you at the club they may sack or put you on transfer without your consent. It doesn't happen in Heartland alone, it's a usual trend amongst Nigerian clubs. We don't respect our contract details. 

    QUESTION: ARE THE MANAGEMENT OF HEARTLAND OWING YOU?

    I have a valid contract, they are still owing me some money, its natural for every Nigerian club not just me even when I played for Sharks they cleared all my debt for three seasons that I played there, when I came to Heartland I was there when they paid my sign on fees at Sharks.

    QUESTION: WHAT’S THE MAJOR TARGET FOR HEARTLAND THIS SEASON?

    Ejike: Honestly we were very sad when we crashed out of the FA Cup because we are targeting continental because we believe its not over until it is over. We wanted to play on the continent next season because that’s where you will sell yourself as a player.

    QUESTION: WHAT MESSAGE DO YOU HAVE FOR YOUR FANS?

    Ejike: I do appreciate my fans whole heartedly, I love them, I want them to keep supporting the team. if they are not there for us I don’t think we will make it, we need their support, it give us more confidence and boost our morale even when we are not getting it right they should keep supporting us. I believe that at the end all of us will fly at the continent.

    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " Ejike: My Target Is To Score 22 Goals This Season "