Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Elated Sunshine Stars' Duke Udi commends players

    Reporter: Unknown
    Published: Monday 10 July 2017
    A- A+
    Elated Sunshine Stars' Duke Udi commends players

    Sunshine Stars coach, Duke Udi has praised his players for the 2-4 win away at ABS on match day 28 in the Nigeria Professional Football League.


    The Owena Whales against all odds left Ilorin with the maximum points and moved two spots from 17th to 15th on the league table.


    However Udi who joined the Akure outfit in the second stanza of the league continuously showered praised to his players for their gallant display.


    "I  want to give thanks to God for this victory because without God one can't do anything," Udi told Goal


    "My philosophy has always been hard work doesn't kill so I'd like to commend my players for that fantastic display of determination, focus,believe and  sound mental strength.


    "I want to enjoy this moment because that 90 minutes or so was very tough, scoring four goals in a match, especially on an away ground makes it beautiful.

    "I told my players during the break to play their game and not bother about officiating because it looks to me the referees had done well. For the first time I saw a referee listen to his assistant to make a decision which I think is commendable.

    "I am not looking at Sunshine Stars battling in the relegation zone, I am looking at Sunshine Stars finish the season well. It's a victory that has is sweet and I must say that we are determined to do more. With hard work we can do more," Udi concludes



    Propellerads
  • No Comment to " Elated Sunshine Stars' Duke Udi commends players "