Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Iheanacho remembers late mother ... Dedicates goals to junior brother

    Reporter: 9jafootyalert
    Published: Sunday 20 October 2013
    A- A+
     Iheanacho remembers late mother ... Dedicates goals to junior brother


     Golden Eaglets four goal hero   in the 6-1 win over Mexico on Saturday at the Khalifa Bin Zayed Stadium in Al Ain at the ongoing FIFA Under-17 World Cup, Kelechi Iheanacho has dedicated the goals to the memory of his late mother as well as his junior brother, Chibuike.

    Mrs. Iheanacho passed on last February and Iheanacho said the memories of his mum flooded back as he entered the pitch against the defending champions, adding that she would be proud of his achievement. “First and foremost, I want to thank God for giving us victory today and for giving me the opportunity to score four  the goals," said Kelechi who clocked 17 on October 3rd.


    "Before the match, I specifically requested for two goals from God and after scoring the first two in the first half, I never knew God has better plans for us. “Of course, I remember my mum before the start of the match but there is not I can do about her death again but I’m dedicating the goals to
    her memory as well as to my junior brother, Chibuike Iheanacho whom I believe would be a very great player in the future.

    The former Under-15 player said the 6-1 victory notwihstanding; the Golden Eaglets would not be carried away, adding that the best of the team is yet to come. “The glory of this victory belongs to all of us because it was a team effort and we are all looking forward to a good tournament"

    Meanwhile, Coach Manu Garba said the world has not even the best of Iheanacho, tipping him as one of the stars to watch out for at this Championship. “  I’m not surprised that he was able to score  four goals for us today because he  is a very good player and I have no doubt that he would be one of the stars to watch out for at this tournament,” noted Manu.

    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " Iheanacho remembers late mother ... Dedicates goals to junior brother "