Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Reasons Why Sunday Rotimi Picked Dolphins Over Sunshine Stars

    Reporter: Unknown
    Published: Wednesday 11 February 2015
    A- A+
    Goalkeeper, Sunday Rotimi has given reasons why he returned to Dolphins after holding discussions with Sunshine Stars in the off season.

    Rotimi said he spoke with officials of the Akure based club and agreed to play for them but changed his mind after speaking with coaches, management members and some fans of Dolphins 
    Reasons Why Sunday Rotimi Picked Dolphins Over Sunshine Stars

    “It is not a rumour. You know a top player when he gets offers at the end of the season and that was the case with me,” Rotimi said.
    “I actually went to Sunshine Stars in the off season and agreed terms with them but a lot of things happened and I returned to Dolphins,” Rotimi said.

    Rotimi said the offer from Sunshine Stars was a very good one but after dues considerations he returned.

     “After speaking with the coaches and a few other people I decided to come back to Port Harcourt. Money, after all is not everything.

    “I’ve been here for so long and made lots of friends and also when I heard that they were considering the option of registering me for the CAF Confederation Cup I thought it was wise to return.”

    “I have a good relationship with people here and I have never been treated badly too. I also didn’t want to disappoint the team as regards the CAF Confederation Cup since they haven’t disappointed me too,” Rotimi said.

    Sunday Rotimi first signed for Dolphins from Sunshine Stars in 2004.

    After one year with the club where he won the League and Cup double he moved to Israel and retuned in 2006 and has remained with Dolphins ever since, winning the FA Cup in 2007 and the League in 2011.

    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " Reasons Why Sunday Rotimi Picked Dolphins Over Sunshine Stars "