Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • NIGERIA SPORTS MINISTER MALLAM BOLAJI ABDULLAHI EXCITED BY LMC DEAL WITH DSTV

    Reporter: 9jafootyalert
    Published: Tuesday 20 August 2013
    A- A+
    NIGERIA SPORTS MINISTER MALLAM BOLAJI ABDULLAHI EXCITED BY LMC DEAL WITH DSTV, Nigeria, GLO Premier league, Nigeria premier league, live score

    HIS WORDS:
    Where do I start from? I am very excited today. The reason I am excited is that today we are celebrating what is possible in Nigeria. Today, I can say it loud and clear that this is the same League that less than a year ago we were asking Clubs to pay the indemnities of referees. This is the same League less than a year ago that a company in this Country said its worthless. And this same league today we are talking about a deal of $34Million.


    President Aminu Maigari, I want to thank you very much. You can confidently blow your trumpet anywhere you go because you have a trumpet to blow. The reason is that when we were struggling with what to do with the League and mine argument as Minister of Sports is that no matter how much we want to argue that Football has developed in this Country is if we don't improve the quality of the Nigeria League in this Country and the Nigerian youths keep going to places like Sudan, Haiti, , Malta, Azerbaijan and Co to play professional football, then we have not achieve anything. It is my responsibility to envision what is possible. It is my responsibility to communicate that vision. But it is your responsibility to make sure it happens.

    Our own generation of the National Sports Commission(NSC) and Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) are not fighting. We are making money for football.

    Hon. Nduka Irabor, I thank you very much. What else can I say. I thank you for your tenacity. I have seen you and your colleagues the way you have driven this with single mindedness as if your very life depended on it. Insinuations have been made. You've been attacked, you've been abused, you've been insulted. But you were a gentle man all through it. I want to thank you and your colleagues for this achievement

    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " NIGERIA SPORTS MINISTER MALLAM BOLAJI ABDULLAHI EXCITED BY LMC DEAL WITH DSTV "