Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Leon Balogun : I Have No Regret Making A Decision To Play For Nigeria

    Reporter: 9jafootyalert
    Published: Friday 7 March 2014
    A- A+
    Leon Balogun : I Have No Regret Making A Decision To Play For Nigeria

    Debutant Fortuna Dusseldorf of Germany right back, Leon Balogun, will undergo surgery in Germany, when he returns to his base by this weekend after he suffered a fractured foot in the highly explosive international friendly between Nigeria and Mexico on Wednesday in Atlanta Georgia, United States.

    Super Eagles doctor , Ibrahim Gyaran told Head Coach Stephen Keshi, that
    it was the best option open to the young defender and the surgery will effectively rule him out for up to 8weeks. That may give him enough time to quickly bounce back and rejoin the national team ahead of preparation for the World Cup in May if invited.

    The medics explained that if he does not carry out any surgery, it will take him a longer time to return to action (up to 4months) hence the surgery option. His club medics have already been briefed about the development even as Keshi says his immediate concern for the player is about his health.

    Balogun was involved in a horrific fall with a Mexican striker near the dug house of the El Tri midway into the second half of the encounter and hit his legs against objects in the technical area, forcing the Nigerian bench to replace him even when he came on only in the second half of the game.

    The player himself said it was painful that he copped the injury but added that he has no regret making a decision to play for Nigeria. “I am a Nigerian, my father is from Ijebu Ode and my mother is half Italian and half German so I chose to play for my fatherland and I am enjoying it so far. The only thing at the moment is that I don’t understand Pidgin English, which many speak in camp but I will soon catch up because I like the atmosphere in the Eagles camp”.

    The  players who bonded faster with Balogun in camp include John Mikel Obi, Emmanuel Emenike, Victor Moses and Shola Ameobi. “But am in tune with all my teammates and I’m happy the way I was received as if I have been with them for a very long time meanwhile I never met any of them till now. I pray my injury heals on time so that I can return to playing football for my club and country”.

    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " Leon Balogun : I Have No Regret Making A Decision To Play For Nigeria "