Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Giwa FC Replies Former Coach, React To Biffo's Claim.

    Reporter: 9jafootyalert
    Published: Wednesday 16 April 2014
    A- A+

    Giwa FC Replies Former Coach, React To Biffo's Claim.Biffo: I Resigned, Not Suspended.


    When Giwa FC coach, Abdullahi Biffo took to social media to announce his resignation from Giwa FC, a lot of the fans of the club were shocked but after that, the Marketing Director, Sammy Adesoji in a statement reaffirmed that Biffo was suspended.

    Read Sammy Adesoji's reply here
    Read Abdullahi Biffo's statement here


    Again, Giwa FC through the
    club's Marketing Director, Sammy Adesoji have responded to their former coach's claim. According to a statement made available to Footyalert, the proprietor of Giwa FC, Amb. Chris Giwa is astonished at the sudden claims of the club's former coach, Abdullahi Biffo. Read the response below:

    Note: The statement below was made available to Footyalert by Sammy Adesoji on Wednesday morning. 


    The Proprietor and sole sponsor of Premier League side,Giwa FC, Amb. Chris Giwa is surprised with Biffo's exoneration of himself on social media and pages of newspapers and damaging the image of the club that God used to bring him to limelight, instead of him to be sober,grateful to God on what The Lord has used Giwa FC for him to achieve and also pray for his direction,mercy and favour in his chosen coaching career.

    Amb. Giwa said although he doesn't have all dat time to trade words with anybody but he just want to let the whole world know that Giwa FC is all out to show all and sundry dat it has not only come to stay in Africa club football but to also help in giving opportunities to the youths to show what they've got,hence, the making of Coach Biffo,an unknown quantity,a trainee from Kwara United to come and head an ambitious club like Giwa FC.

     It will interest people that Biffo,who claimed to have re-signed stating all that he has achieved, was actually suspended by the Management of d club because of the following reasons:

    1.Tactically,he lacks what it takes to tinker a club in the elite league in Nigeria. Despite all the calls I have been receiving right from when the club was in the National League, that he can't pilot the club to the Premier League. I stood by him and believed in my friend that introduced him to me. And for your information,Biffo didn't give us the promotion,because by the grace of God, the promotion had already been sealed before I called him back after I asked him to step aside.

    His coming back last season,which I did just to still cement the relationship with my friend that introduced Biffo to me. The second coming of Biffo to the club recorded the worst defeat ever recorded by the club,a 2-0 loss to Spotlight FC of Katsina,after been held to a draw at home by Mighty Jets.

    Why did I say we have already got the promotion? The assistant coach that took over lost no game in 7matches and even got an away win,but Biffo could only get one draw on the road in more than 15matches,but I still stood my ground. He took the club for a pre-season preparation even his kindred in Kwara called me and said he doesn't have what it takes to manage a team at the highest level,but I still believe in him.

    2.He said that the players are street players and from boys' clubs,I don't blame him, that is what makes him 'a street coach' because likes beget likes. But I can authoritatively tell you that players in Giwa FC are great players been disturbed by clubs both home and abroad just to get their signatures. Or is he calling good and tested players I bought from Kwara United, Wikki Tourist, Niger Tornadoes,Enyimba,Mighty Jets,etc,last season street boys?

     I don't think these boys will be happy with him for that statement. I'm surprised to read it on social media that we don't pay more than #200,000 for player's clearance,I  don't want to discuss finances here,but by the grace of God I've paid times three of that amount even in the middle of the season,anyway,I don't have much to say,I gave him free hand to operate and you can ask him.

    3.He claimed that he resigned because I was not in support of him going for his CAF license B coaching course. Though,he told me that he was going for this course because I am interested in his growth.

    I didn't hesitate,he called me that he will not come back with the team to Jos,despite losing 2-0 to Warri Wolves,I gave him the team official car,asked the  other officials in the vehicle to join the players in the team bus,but he did not even inform me,not even a text message,before he left again for Abuja despite the team's 1-1 draw at home against Kano Pillars.

     I queried him,his assistant and the Head of Marketing,for the lapses they ought to have corrected. I ask them to reply in 24hrs,but Biffo's was not satisfactory of which he replied through text where he also apologised.

    4.There are question marks in his substitions,with respected football egg-heads that always watch the club play. They've always advice that I should employ a top grade coach if I don't want the club to return to the lower league. And many other factors I wouldn't want to mention that prompted me to suspend him and his assistant.

     I still like Biffo and I wish him all the best but he should stop exposing himself by talking like a hopeless and frustrated person,go back to coaching school,equip himself the more and prepare for the bigger task ahead.

    Who says he can't be recalled back to the team in future?

    The bottom line is that he should be grateful to God that God used Giwa
    FC to put him in the limelight,instead of wasting precious time talking to any available person he sees trying to cover his inadequacies.



    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " Giwa FC Replies Former Coach, React To Biffo's Claim. "