Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Ashadi Is A Child Of Destiny For Kogi United

    Reporter: Unknown
    Published: Saturday 6 June 2015
    A- A+
    When Destiny Ashadi was allowed to join Kogi United FC on loan from Imperial Soccer Academy, his intention was to experience Nigerian league for the first time, little did he know he would be calling the first team shirt for the Wada Boys let alone score goals.

    Ashadi Is A Child Of Destiny For Kogi United

    The Delta born player who was brought up in Ikorodu, Lagos admitted that he was lucky to be identified by his new coach, Yomi Elijah adding that giving the responsibility to tinker the Confluence state club in their quest to achieve greatness in the ongoing Nigeria National League, NNL was a dream come true for him just as he promised to make the dream a reality for the Wada Boys.

    With few days to the start of the new NNL season, Ashadi pulled his hamstring in training which would ruled him out for days. But he came back stronger to play again.

    He was able to mark his return remarkable with his first start which helped Kogi United recorded a goaless draw against Supreme Court in Abuja in Week Two. His first start at home against Yobe Desert Stars saw him scoring two goals in their 3-0 victory which Ashadi expressed happiness for the victory and his brace.

    "I feel great and thank God for the victory, its not easy to come back from injury, get into the team like that and picked my form to score two goals, I feel happy, we thank God, we play a very good football today, that's what coach asked us to play and it worked out for us," Ashadi said.

    His coach, Yomi Elijah described him as extra-talented player and a blessing to Kogi United which he said the soccer world is yet to see his full potential.

    "See when you have extra-talented player in your team you have to make good use of them, Destiny Ashadi is one of the players to look forward to very soon in the world, its a blessing to have him here, I'm happy that he back, he's not even fully recover by the time he's fully fit you will have full blast of him and I know he will go places," Elijah enthused.

    Destiny Ashadi disclosed that he's not aiming a personal target as he's experiencing Niegrian league for the first time adding he would love to make Kogi United achieve greater success with his goals and skills.

    "This is my first time of playing the league, when I first joined Kogi United, I thought I would start coming from the bench, but as God and destiny will have it, I'm playing and I'm doing my best for the team, scoring goals and I thank God for that".

    Where I come from (Imperial Academy) we were trained to be fully ready for any challenges to play anywhere, anytime and I'm happy Kogi United and Coach Yomi gave me the chance to experience it, I thank God and I thank them for the opportunity."

    "I don't really have any target this time around, my aim is just to play for my team with my heart, follow what the coach ask me to do, gain experience and meeting other great players in the league, I believe nothing is impossible, I can become the top scorer in this league but those goals I pray to God to help Kogi United gain promotion at the end of the season," he said.

    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " Ashadi Is A Child Of Destiny For Kogi United "