Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Kogi United Duo Complete Move To Niger Tornadoes

    Reporter: Unknown
    Published: Friday 30 December 2016
    A- A+
    Kogi United captain Abiodun Afolabi and central defender James Iko have completed their transfer to Nigeria Professional Football League, NPFL side, Niger Tornadoes ahead of the new season.
    Kogi United Duo Complete Move To Niger Tornadoes

    Both players joined Tornadoes after the deal was sealed last weekend.

    Afolabi who is one of the highly rated right backs in the Nigeria National League, NNL would bring his experience to bear as Tornadoes aim to surpass their last season's achievement when they finished 11th in their return to the top flight.


    The Kwara-born full back expressed delight to have complete the move which he described as a stepping stone in his career just as promised to keep the fond memories of Kogi United in mind.

    "I'm still in joyous mood and happy that I will play for Tornadoes next season, Afolabi said. It's one of the best organized clubs in NPFL and the opportunity given to young footballers really lured me here, I'm impressed with I've seen so far in terms of quality and dedication in the players, I can't wait to start playing competitive games with my teammates and working under a father figure coach, Coach (Abubakar) Bala, I'm optimistic this season will be much better than last season.

    "I had an excellent five seasons with Kogi United, it's a great club with perfect organization and I will always have them at heart for the great support in my career," he said.

    Iko James -Kogi United's second vice captain- who also joined his captain to team up with "Ikon Allah Boys" has described his transfer as a reward for dedication, believe and focus just as hope to help Tornadoes achieve greatness in the coming NPFL season.

    "It's a good thing for me and my career to join Tornadoes, I'm excited about the prospect of playing in the apex league in Nigeria and I'm waiting patiently for the league to start so that I can grab my chance.

    This is a result of my focus, dedication and he believe I have in myself to push on, even when I've written off, I will prove myself again to who believe in me by helping Tornadoes set a good record this season, he said.

    Niger Tornadoes will start the new NPFL season with a trip to Lagos where they will face MFM FC on January 15th, 2017.


    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " Kogi United Duo Complete Move To Niger Tornadoes "