Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • New Eagles Invitee, Akpan: I Want To Do Well For Nigeria.

    Reporter: Unknown
    Published: Friday 10 October 2014
    A- A+

    New Super Eagles invitee, Hope Akpan is delighted to have been
    called up by Nigeria for the double header in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Sudan. 

    Hope Akpan,23,  got his first call up to join the Super Eagles squad in a must win games that Nigeria must win to keep the hope of AFCON defending champions to qualify for Morocco 2015 alive. 
    New Eagles Invitee, Akpan: I Want To Do Well For Nigeria.
    Photo credit- readingfc.co.uk

    Akpan who hopes to give his very best if called upon during the games told his club official website readingfc.co.uk  he was exited when he recieved the call up and expressed his desire to play at the highest level. 

    "It felt great when I heard the news, I got a phone call out of the blue," said the former Everton midfielder. 

    "I was born in Liverpool but both parents are Nigerian and they are very proud, they'll be out there for the game. Everyone wants to play at the highest level, international level is a high level - for me it is very exciting and I want to do well. I am going there to play; hopefully I get some minutes and help contribute to the team." 

    Akpan missed Reading's defeat to Brentford  but hopes his involvement in Nigeria's AFCON campaign will give him the momentum to return to his clubs starting lineup. 

    "Once this is done I want to get back to work, back to the league and Derby. We were looking to get maximum points from our last two games so we have to turn it around."said Akpan. 
    women-shoes-300x250

    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " New Eagles Invitee, Akpan: I Want To Do Well For Nigeria. "