Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Super Eagles Striker, Odion Ighalo Snubs Huge Cash Move

    Reporter: Unknown
    Published: Sunday 7 February 2016
    A- A+
    Watford striker Odion Ighalo has asserted that he turned down a £300,000-a-week contract offer from an unarmed Chinese Super League club in the previous summer. 

    Super Eagles Striker, Odion Ighalo Snubs Huge Cash Move

    The Nigeria international, Ighalo, 26, scored 20 times for Watford last season as the Hornets gained promotion to the Premier League 


    The former Julius Berger forward has disclosed that a Chinese club was ready to offer a considerable money related bundle to bait him toward the begin of the season, yet he chose to stay at Watford.  

     "I have 14 goals in the Premier League, how do I go to China now? I was very close. They made a £10m bid and were offering me over £200,000 a week; a four-year contract. I couldn't sleep for three days. That kind of money is not easy to turn down," Ighalo told the Daily Mail.
    "Some teammates in the dressing room were saying, 'You can't miss this chance'. But I don't jump into decisions like that. I prayed about it, and God said it was not for me, no matter how much money it was. I knew God would direct me. When I said I don't want to go, they offered me more money, almost £300,000 a week. I told them it's not about the money," Ighalo stated.

    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " Super Eagles Striker, Odion Ighalo Snubs Huge Cash Move "