Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Nigeria Football Blogs You Should/Must Check Out

    Reporter: Unknown
    Published: Thursday 22 January 2015
    A- A+
    A couple of years back it's a tough task to get updates of Nigeria football news on the internet. Though you'll get to read stories of Nigerian players abroad or some national team news on websites like bbc.co.uk, kickoff.com and goal.com while forums like Nairaland.com and cybereagles.com were a must to check out daily.

    Click here to place a bet and smile to the bank
    Nigeria Football Blogs You Should/Must Check Out


    To get or follow live score update of local football league wasn't in the picture at all, so basically it's a tough battle to get news update of
    Nigeria football.

    The advent of social media made it much easier for everyone to find expression regardless of where ever they are so far they've got an internet enable phone and now it's much easier to get the latest info from the domestic scene.

    Click here to place a bet and smile to the bank

    If I don't mention your blog, it's probably because it's not in my daily routine checks however please drop your link in the comment box so I can check it and probably include it in here.

    It's expensive to run live score update of the local league (NPFL,NNL,NNWL,NWL etc) but I must commend the League Management Company (LMC) for making it a lot easier now. Regardless of the league venue I'm in I still follow @LMCNPFL (that's LMC Twitter handle) because of the timely update of live NPFL matches from different location, so if you aren't following them yet please do.

    Another group on Facebook created by a friend I knew covering local football (I've met and made a lot of friends covering local football) Adepoju Tobi Samuel is a must to join. The name of the group on Facebook is "Let's Talk Nigeria Premier League". Everything discussed in that group is 100% Nigeria football.

    I do football gist on Blackberry ( my BBM Pin- 74F9845E) and in one of my usual broadcast on BBM I got a reply from someone I didn't know was on my contact list, someone I do regular checks on his blog; the reply reads: 'hey bro, weldon. It's not easy covering Nigeria football but you are doing a good job'. George Akpayen wrote.

    I do regular checks on George Akpayen's blog ( www.naijaligue.blogspot.com), he does Nigeria Premier League (Nigeria Professional Football League) news. Check that blog- naijaligue.blogspot.com.

    I stumbled upon his blog through Google, followed him on Twitter because of his unique way of doing local football, I've not met him before but I read most of his write ups, Andrew Randa does a lot via his blog- http://9jafooty.blogspot.com.

    A lot of people know Futbal Galore whose real name is Abayomi Ademetan, he's the one behind www.futbalgalore.blogspot.com, he's among the few that does a lot covering women football in Nigeria.

    If you check the browser in my tab, you'll see all these blogs I've mentioned.

    I stumbled on this blog via Google last month (December 2014), the guys behind this blog do a lot on how to commercialize local football and a whole lot more. You can check on the blog too- www.cheeronnigeria.blogspot.com.

    Some time in 2009 I listened to a sports programme on Radio Continental called 'Fan Zone', the presenter had Oma Akatugba on the show that day and he talked about the state of Nigeria football and the importance of covering the local league. A year after I met with Sola Rogers in a BRT bus, he talked about why he chose to do Nigeria sports and since then I follow his sports show called 'the New Fan Zone' now on City 105.1fm' , 2pm on Saturdays. He also does a lot on his blog too- www.newfanzone.wordpress.com

    I also check these two blogs regularly as well- www.pointmancarl.wordpress.com and www.naijafootball247.com

    This guy I'm about to talk about loves Nigeria football and he's trying to do the little he can to promote local football. He started a website along with his brothers called www.9jafootball.com but later came up with a blog he calls www.footyalert.blogspot.com, his blog is 100% Nigeria football. So if you are reading this now, I'm sure you are on Footyalert blog. Rate Alonge Akinlolu's effort on this blog in the comment box.



    Note- if you've got a blog or you know of one that does Nigeria football news, please drop the link in the comment box.
     Thanks.
    Follow me on Twitter- @akinnzo











    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " Nigeria Football Blogs You Should/Must Check Out "