Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Anaezemba Keen To Shine With Enyimba At Glo League Super-4

    Reporter: Unknown
    Published: Thursday 22 January 2015
    A- A+
    Nzube Anaezemba says he expects that this year's Glo Premier League Super-4 Tournament will be a much more enjoyable tournament  for him compared to last season's experience. The midfielder recounts how he spent last season's tourney without even making a substitute appearance in all thematches Enyimba played enroute winning the tournament.
    Anaezemba Keen To Shine With Enyimba At Glo League Super-4

    Nzube in a chat with www.npfl.ng said, "Last year was a very painful experience for me. It was my first experience in the Glo League Super-4 but I did not start or play for one minute. I was eager to
    play but I was not named, so I watched from the bench. It will be better not to travel than to sit on the bench and nobody is considering you. Last year's Super-4 was for me a time to watch from the bench and perhaps study the tournament.

    "The same thing also happened in the Champions League games Enyimba played before being knocked out. I wanted to play but I was not selected. It was not the right start to the season but I am a player that loves to take my chances. So when the new coach came, he showed faith in me and gave me the chance to play and I showed him what I can do. So for this Super-4, my expectation is that I will play", the diminutive midfielder disclosed to www.npfl.ng.

    Enyimba's preseason preparations have been far from ideal with the team just able to start training earlier this week. The 22 year old acknowledges that it might impact on their performance at the tournament but insists that the team will give their best as always.

    "We have not prepared well because we resumed late. Our preparation has not been very good at all but we will try our best. The Chairman said we are not going there to win the cup but to regain our fitness and prepare for the Champions League. But for me, I want to go there and win. This is why I am personally taking the Super-4 seriously because i want to get fit and ready for the Champions League which I have never played in before". Nzube pointed out.

    Despite Enyimba's heroics last season which saw them beat Dolphins in the Federations Cup finals and finish runners up in the League, they have not been able to repeat their phenomenal run in the CAF Champions League that saw them win it back to back 11 years ago. Nzube however says mentally they are battle ready and the new signings look very good and will help the cause.

    "We did well last season but last season has come and gone. We want to keep that momentum and to keep fighting. We are competing on three fronts so we will fight and fight on all three fronts especially in the champions league. This is my first champions league and it means so much to me.

    "The club has also signed some players and the players that were signed are very good from what we have seen in training. I think they will help us win trophies and achieve our targets for the season".

    Enyimba kick off their Super-4 campaign against the Flying Eagles in the second match of the ten-day tourn

    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " Anaezemba Keen To Shine With Enyimba At Glo League Super-4 "