Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Which Team Will You Support At The 2015 AFCON?

    Reporter: Unknown
    Published: Friday 16 January 2015
    A- A+
    The Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) will start tomorrow Saturday, January 17,2015 and one obvious fact is that my darlin team, the Super Eagles of Nigeria won't be part of this tournament this year. (Chai!.......) 

    No excuse for Nigeria not to have qualify to defend the tittle they won in 2013 and I've since moved on but the AFCON, Africa's biggest football tournament will start tomorrow and I've thought of which team I'll love to support. 
    Nigeria football news, I support South Africa for AFCON, Which Team Will You Support At The 2015 AFCON?

    I thought of supporting
    Ivory Coast, Ghana or Cape Verde but the picture of that 2-2 draw with Nigeria in Uyo has refused to leave, thy played with ten men at some point against AFCON defending champions yet they left Uyo without a defeat. They got some amazing result away from home during the qualifiers and that made me love the Bafana Bafana.

    Just like the South African Football Association (SAFA) president Danny Jordaan said a couple of days back: "We are not saying that you must go there and lift the trophy but what is expected is for the team to go out there and show courage,"

    As for me, I'm not saying that they'll go all the way to the final but I think South Africa should do enough to be in the last four and after that anything can happen, I hope you remember what they did in 1996? The impact of Shakes Mashaba on the team since he took over in August is commendable, an undefeated record of five wins and three draws isn't what one should just over look.

    The first hurdle for Bafana Bafana will be to make a strong statement in their group, a very tough group that also has Ghana, Senegal and Algeria in it. Their performance in the first match against Algeria is key to their success in the tournament.

    So I'll be supporting South Africa at the AFCON, which team will you be supporting?

    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " Which Team Will You Support At The 2015 AFCON? "