Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Odemwingie Targets Return Before End Of Season, Not In A Rush To ExtendStoke Stay

    Reporter: Unknown
    Published: Thursday 15 January 2015
    A- A+
    Super Eagles forward, Peter Odemwingie is focused on making a return for Stoke City before the end of the season as he bids to come back from his injury nightmare  that has compelled him to the sideline for almost five months now.
    Nigeria football news,Odemwingie Targets Return Before End Of Season, Not In A To ExtendStoke Stay

    Odemwingie,33, damaged an
    anterior cruciate ligament during a famous 1-0 win at Manchester City. The Nigeria international, Odemwingie admitted his return could take another three months more but has started light running.

    Peter Odmwingie who scored a goal for Nigeria at the FIFA World Cup in Brazil told Stoke radio that he's happy to be in good hands and happy with how it's going. 

    “I’m happy with how it’s going and I know I am in good hands,” he told Radio Stoke 

    “I am doing all my rehabilitation at the club and they have experience dealing with this problem.

    The former AS Racine of Lagos forward said he came into this season with high hopes after the World Cup the injury dealt a big blow.

     “I came into this season high on confidence after the World Cup and I’ve always thought I was going to be one of those players like (Filippo) Inzaghi or (Francesco) Totti who can carry on playing until they’re 38.

    “It has been a big blow but hopefully I can get back and get my career going again as soon as possible.”

    He also spoke on his contract extension: “I have not had discussions about extending my contract yet but there is no rush for that. At the moment we are in the transfer window and there are players who are key to the team right now who have more pressing situations.

    “I saw Peter Crouch saying he would like to stay not just for one year with Stoke, but maybe more and I am the same. It’s a really good place to be, a great club.

    “You have to be realistic but if I can get back training and show the manager I can still put the ball in the net then everything else will take care of itself. You can lose form but you don’t lose your quality.”Odemwingie stated. 


    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " Odemwingie Targets Return Before End Of Season, Not In A Rush To ExtendStoke Stay "