Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Shola Brossa: MFM FC Midfeilder Returns After 7 Months Injury Layoff

    Reporter: Unknown
    Published: Saturday 14 January 2017
    A- A+


    Injured Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries Football Club defensive midfielder Shola Brossa has been declared fit for the new Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) season billed to kick off this weekend.
    Shola Brossa: MFM FC Midfeilder Returns After 7 Months Injury Layof

    The tireless midfielder has been out of action since May, 1, 2016 after sustaining an anterior cruciate ligament injury on Matchday 14 of the Nigerian topflight against Akwa United in Lagos was certified fit by the club's doctor, Essien Essien.

    Dr Essien said in an interview with MFM FC media team: "Shola underwent a reconstructive surgery aimed at repairing the torn tendon. I'm happy he's back.

    "Brossa has fully recovered and he's set to return to playing competitive games. He's in form as seen during the warm-ups and vigorous training sessions during our close pre-season camping in Ijebu-Ode. I wish him an injury-free 2016/17 NPFL season," he toldmountaintopfc.com.

    Brossa who was placed on light training programmes after joining the team towards the end of last season revealed his delight at making his return from the injury layoff.

     "I'm so excited to be back to full training and I cannot wait for the season to kickoff.

    "I felt very bad when I picked up the injury against Akwa United last season but I was somehow comforted with the 3-0 victory over them. Last season is gone and the new season is much upon us.

    "I want to thank my the coaching crew led by Fidelis Ilechukwu, Dr. Essien, our Physio, my teammates and our fans for their support. They showed me love when I was struggling to comeback," he enthused.

    The Olukoya Boys will host Niger Tornadoes on matchday 1 of the Nigerian top league on Sunday, January 15, at the Soccer Temple, Agege Township Stadium

    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " Shola Brossa: MFM FC Midfeilder Returns After 7 Months Injury Layoff "