Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • UAE 2013: Mexico Will be a Tough Nut To Crak,- Manu

    Reporter: 9jafootyalert
    Published: Wednesday 6 November 2013
    A- A+
    Nigeria, Mexico, fifa world cup, uae 2013,
    Photoby FIFA.com


    The final match of the 2013 UAE World Cup between three-time champions, Nigeria and defending champions, Mexico on Friday in Abu Dhabi would be a game of wits.

     This much was the verdict of Coach Manu Garba, Golden Eaglets' Head coach after Nigeria handed a 3-0 defeat to Sweden at the Rashid Stadium in Dubai on Tuesday in the semi-final. Goals by Taiwo Awoniyi, Samuel Okon and Chidera Ezeh were enough to break the resolve of a resilient Swedish side that earlier played a
    3-3 draw with Nigeria in their Group F match.

     
    “I still maintained that the Mexican team are a very technical team and we can see their resilience by coming from a 6-1 loss to us (Nigeria) and still be in the final," Manu said at the post-match
    media conference. Manu said the Golden Eaglets are now turbo-charged after a commanding performance throughout the tournament where they have won all their previous matches bar the 3-3 draw against Sweden in the Preliminary Round.
     
    “We showed today that we are w very strong side," maintained Manu, a World Cup winner as an assistant coach in 2007." We are not going to be on any pressure against Mexico in the final because we would
    prepare mentally, physically and psychologically for the final. "The Mexican team I maintained are at very technical team and I believe the final is going to be a great one but by the grace of God, we shall win this trophy for Nigeria and Africa,” he noted. In a related matter, striker Chidera Ezeh who finally broke his duck by scoring the last goal of the match, said the victory against Sweden has boost their confidence.
     
    “We beat a very good side today and I’m so happy that I have finally scored a goal,” said Ezeh, who last scored for Golden Eaglets in 2012.
     
    “I’m so relieved that I have finally had a goal and I believe there could still be many more for me in the final.
    “I’m dedicating the goal against Sweden to my mum and my fans back home in Nigeria and I’m really looking forward to scoring against Mexico in the final,” he said.

    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " UAE 2013: Mexico Will be a Tough Nut To Crak,- Manu "