Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Sunday Oliseh: What Stephen Keshi needs to understand,Urgently!

    Reporter: 9jafootyalert
    Published: Thursday 11 July 2013
    A- A+






    Sunday Oliseh: What Stephen Keshi needs to understand,Urgently!
    I read this response from ex-Super Eagle star Oliseh and i just couldn't hold back but had to share it with you all. I think it's important that you read this and also share your SINCERE views

    PLEASE READ THIS AND SHARE YOUR VIEW.

    Culled from: www.sundayoliseh.tv

    Stephen Keshi is a good coach. In fact he is the most successful coach Nigeria has had in the past decade and by winning the nations cup 2013 he boarded the ship of achieving coaches!
    But one quality that successful and long lasting coaches have, is that they have always had a nose to differentiate constructive criticisms from destructive ones and act on them even if they do not agree in public.

    Ever since our nation triumphed at the 2013 African Cup Of Nations (AFCON) our super eagles have been struggling,relatively, and has failed to consolidate on this landmark success due to the fact that we do not have continuity and there has been this obsession to experiment and overpopulate the team with more Home grown players. Analysts all had problems naming incoming players at the Confederations  cup for example.

    Ever since I expressed my personal disagreement at the huge number of Local based players that represented Nigeria at the just concluded Confederations cup, on Supersport, thousands have clearly stated their understanding and agreement  of the point of view just as some, our super Eagles Nations cup winning coach, Stephen Keshi included, have disagreed and made some regrettable comments. this I feel is quite unfortunate and personal.

    The basis behind my comments (which were shared by every other consultant at the Supersport panel) were to help and bring attention to the fact that we needed to urgently improve our local league to maintain our new status and  gradually add new home based in the mix in other not to burn the ends. As we speak, I have discussed with Mr Nduka Irabor (Chairman of the N. Pro League) on how I can help them through my position and know how to improve our league standard so it can be productive again. Who knows we might just get it back on track after all.

    www.sundayoliseh.tv
    What Is So Special About Foreign Based Players?
    If you are a Foreign based pro. it is not because these foreign clubs want to do you a favour, it is because you are one of the best from your country, simple. By gradually trying to wage a war against these players who ply their trade week in week out at the highest level leagues in the world we are turning our back to our best  and waging a war against ourselves, they are Nigerians too I must remind ! They should not be cast away just because our technical crew lack the skills to manage them at the detriment of Nigeria.

    Ever asked why The out flux of Nigerian home based to Europe has reduced drastically in recent years? It is because the Europeans for example after several scouting visits to our local league games find the tempo and standard quite low, not credible and with the crisis in the world have little time to wait for years work to upgrade these players, otherwise Sunday Mba, who I find quite solid & talented should have been bought immediately after the AFCON!

    The unbalanced flooding of home based is a strategy that can work at the AFCON level etc but at the world stage, we will play well but lose, like we used to do in the 80′s & 90′s prior to 1994 and now did at the Confederations cup!
    Unless this trend is done for other personal reasons outside that of the direct interest of the nation which we are not aware of!

       My Take

    My belief  is not that we should not use home based players, far from it, if Sunday Mba was not at the Nations cup in 2013 for Nigeria I do not think we might have won it, at least like we did. He however was well surrounded by Victor Moses, Emmanuel Emeneke etc and made his contributions productive and easier. We saw how this poor boy struggled at the Confed. cup just  4 months after doing us proud in South Africa!  Oboabona is one of my favourites and with some more polishing would go places internationally!
                       
    The Speed Of World Level Soccer,Today

    The Confederations cup was of a higher level than the AFCON: high level tactics, Advanced Coaching, speed of execution and result orientation was on display and the world cup next year will be even at a faster pace. That am sorry is why I feel a gradual introduction of home based players, shouldered and protected by experience should have been the case, cause the scenarios for them to play at this level are absent at the moment!


    I believe you noticed how at ease Obi Mikel was Vs Spain or Uruguay, the man is used to these kind of players and their level, simple !

    Players are not Made at The National teams but by the clubs and leagues so improving our league standard should be the priority!

    Why National Coaches are called Managers, Technical Advisers & not a full coach .
    National team coaches are called Managers because they are not supposed to form players due to the short time they have to work with them, but they are supposed to be good at selecting  like or complementary players, mix them up to produce results.

    When mighty France of 1998 won the World cup and the Euros 2000 they had few players from the then solid French league but mainly from the then better Italian league that was at its best.
    Our priority should be improving our league and the use of the CAF Home based Nations cup to get experience for the home based will be wise!
         
        Stephen Keshi’s Job Is The Last Thing I Want!
    I can understand that Keshi feels threatened by the possibility of a sack and back stabbing, but my comments  should not be seen as coming from a possible successor unless one is desperate, which  I thank God I am not!
    Sunday Oliseh: What Stephen Keshi needs to understand,Urgently!

    His job is the last thing that I or my family need. I know the custom lately amongst some of the coaching crew in our dear country has been attacking the incumbent to take his place, but I believe I have proven over and over again that my consultancy company and my life that I have spent 23 years to build in Europe which I cherish dearly is more precious to me than the day to day stress that comes with Being the Super Eagles coach!

    I wonder how I will continue to run my 6 year old consultancy business that has now gone global, coach my youth team, fulfil my new but cherished introduction into FIFA with the Super Eagles Coaching  job 6000 kilometres away from my family!
    I have said this uncountable times, although I love my country it is not in my wildest dreams to manage the super eagles otherwise I would have accepted the NFF Technical director job and eventually the super Eagles.

    If he can accept our support and praise, he should accept our constructive critics in the interest of the country and making enemies left and right is not the way to go, obviously some of us do not learn from the past! The interest of Nigeria comes first than that of Sunday Oliseh or Stephen Keshi !

      How should it have been?
    As we saw with Brazil at the Confed. Cup, continuity makes a team grow. Ever since we won the Nations cup in February our team line-up has been unpredictable and full of constant changes. In a year leading to the world cup that should not be the case.
    True we had injuries to key players but they had people on the bench for them at the Afcon who should have taken over the baton and continue with the spirit of the AFCON and new players invited to understudy.

     Nigeria is bigger than anyone and for the records sake in answer to Keshi’s erroneous declaration, I was 3 years as a pro in Belgium and a regular player in liege by 1993 when I got my first call up to the super Eagles and in those days our national league was ‘fire’, well organised, competitive, balanced and one of the best in Africa. That’s how Clemence Westerhoff and Bonfrere Jo succeeded!
    It is unfortunate that Keshi sees enemies everywhere and maybe it is understandable but the interest of Nigeria’s progress is what we all should be seeking now and I believe making attacks like he is doing is not the right way to go about it, we are way too matured for that, at least I know I am!
    Long Live Nigeria!

    Feel free to follow Oliseh on Twitter @SundayOOliseh

    Subjects:

  • 5 Comments " Sunday Oliseh: What Stephen Keshi needs to understand,Urgently! "

    Anonymous

    mennnn, nice write up. this a constructive way of handling issues.i hope Keshi takes it in good faith.Oliseh, please come help our league but that is if they allow a genuine interest. good reply from Sunday.i'm following staight away on twitter. bravo

    Telema Davies 11 July 2013 at 10:01

    I believe spoiling for a fight will never help to forge a good cause and Oliseh's piece proves that he's the least to start a war. He's right at several points of which one of note is,as praises are well received,equally criticisms (constructive that is) should be received. There's no gainsaying:consistence is vital for sustainability and continuity and as such he is spot on as to how to the introduction of fresh faces-home based or foreign-should be implemented. Keshi can not try what he did at the Confed Cup (a BIG mistake) at the World Cup. Na I'm family get straight from Brazil should there be a repetition.

    Anonymous

    I totally agree with you.the AFCON team needed to be modeled in a formidable way before injecting new players just like that. Keshi has achieved alot or i say is achieving some interesting laurels which shows he's got something special but to be a great coach sustainability and consistency is key. please listen to people say and that which ypu think is good for you.

    Footyalert 11 July 2013 at 10:32

    @Telma good talk. thanks for dropping your views. We appreciate every commentor especially those that display their names. Thanks

    annoymous 16 April 2014 at 23:26

    I am so happy to be playing for the club of my choice, through the help of Dr.Ozama the best spell caster that was able to cast a spell to make the club of my choice to sign me. I am not going to talk much i am just going to drop the contact details of Dr.Ozama which are through his email: ozama.templeofsoccer@yahoo.com or through phone number +2348056934252. I assure you that through the help of Dr.Ozama the club of your choice will come to you begging you to sign for them