Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Maikaba: Why I Left Wikki Tourist For Akwa United

    Reporter: Unknown
    Published: Sunday 23 October 2016
    A- A+
    Abdul Maikaba has revealed the real reasons why he had to leave Wikki Tourist for Akwa United.

    The former Wikki Tourist gaffer, Abdul Maikaba did confirm that personal terms have been agreed and he would sign the contract on Wednesday but he has revealed what compelled him to leave the Bauchi outfit despite a Caf Confederation Cup ticket.
    Maikaba: Why I Left Wikki Tourist For Akwa United

     "I haven't sign a contract yet but we have agreed on personal terms but i will sign the contract on Wednesday in Uyo. I understood that Akwa United  is an ambitious club, right from when the State Government hosted the team and moved to complete the transfer of some players last season. It was obvious that the Government is so committed to the success of the club," Maikaba told Footyalert


    "We were supposed to have won the league but we lost concentration towards the end of last season due some internal problems which i believe is still pending and not been solved and i know so well that it will continue to affect the team.

    "Though i heard a fruitful discussion with the management on Saturday and i told them the problems i faced. I also noted that any one who will step into my shoes must have those problems solved first if they want the team to perform.

    "Sincerely, they (Wikki Tourist management) agreed and appreciated my advises. They weren't happy same as myself but we had part ways officially on Saturday.

    "Another important reason why i had to leave is that no match was aired live on Bauchi by DSTV, i felt we also deserved to be seen too though i do understand the problems im the north-east. So if that's the case I'd move to a team where the world can see my team play. O believe that Akwa United is the best option because of the facilities there. I also know that DSTV will always be there to telecast our games,"Maikaba explained.


    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " Maikaba: Why I Left Wikki Tourist For Akwa United "