Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Osun Babes' Anthony Esther claims FootbalGalore's August NWPL Gong

    Reporter: Unknown
    Published: Wednesday 12 October 2016
    A- A+
    Osun Babes FC striker Esther Anthony, who earlier was named NWPL (Nigerian Women Premier League) player of the month of august, was on Tuesday evening presented with the award at the Osogbo City Stadium.
    Osun Babes' Anthony Esther claims FootbalGalore's August NWPL Gong

    The Player of the Month of August award is Anthony's first, with the attacker securing it with three goals and an assist to help Osun Babes with two wins and a draw in the month of  August.

    Present at the Osogbo City Stadium to give the Award to her were the CEO of Futball Galore Magazine, Mr Abayomi Ademetan,  General Manager of the Osun State Sports Council, Mrs Lola Oluokun, Secretary of the club, Mrs Aderonke Ajibola, the team's manager, Mr Kehinde Johnson and the the former Chairman Lagos State house of assembly committee on sports Hon Tunde Ayeni.



    After receiving the award, Anthony who was full of joy  said: "I'm happy to be acknowledged, but I have to put it down to everyone at Osun Babes FC for helping me achieve this"

    I'm absolutely delighted … as a club we've had a fantastic season to the Nigerian Women Premier League and its a big honour to be recognised individually in this way"

    " I would love to dedicate this award to God almighty,  my lovely mother Mrs Theresa Anthony, my teammates and my coaches for all the support they have given to me.

    " I hope to keep working hard and securing more successes with the club I love so much"

    Meanwhile, Hon Tunde Ayeni who presented the award to the lanky striker, hailed her for the huge achievement and tasked her to do more in the nearest future.

    " I am more than pleased to present this award to Anthony, who have showed a lot of commitment and professionalism to her game and to be rewarded with this award means a lot to her. I am glad and hopes she keeps pushing harder to get more of this.

    The Futball Galore's player of the month award is the most prestigious award in the NWPL (Nigerian Women Premier League) and its being presented to the outstanding player in each month of the NWPL season. Past winners of this award are Rasheedat Ajibade of FC ROBO, Sheun Fakunle of Delta Queens,  Patience Kalu of Bayelsa Queens and Glory Iroka of Rivers Angels.



    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " Osun Babes' Anthony Esther claims FootbalGalore's August NWPL Gong "