Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Iko James Rallies Team Mates To Dim Sunshine Stars

    Reporter: Unknown
    Published: Saturday 25 March 2017
    A- A+
    Iko James Rallies Team Mates To Dim Sunshine Stars


    Niger Tornadoes' central defender, Martin Iko James has charged his team mates to put up an impressive outing when they host Sunshine Stars in the Matchday 15 of the Nigeria Professional Football League, NPFL on Sunday.

    Tornadoes will hope to stretch their resurgent home form when both sides meet at the Confluence Stadium, Lokoja.

    James, who is in his debut season in the NPFL with Tornadoes after his famous move from Kogi United said the message in camp was to up the game and get a total victory against a troubling Sunshine Stars who are struggling to found their rhythm into the season.

    "We have been fired up to win on Sunday (against Sunshine Stars) we know the win would push us up on the table and I've been telling my team mates to take the match serious, even more than the previous ones," begin James.

    "We know they are struggling is time, what they want is one good result on the road to spring up, but we are not ready to make that happen for them here, what's on my mind and we are talking about now is how to break them down and get our victory, I believe it's possible because we have a young and talented squad that can get it done," he said.

    The graduate of Public Administration from the Kogi State Polytechnic had to wait till Matchday Nine before making his NPFL debut in the Matchday Nine 2-0 defeat to Plateau United in Jos.

    But James has so far cement his position in Coach Abubakar Bala's starting berth with impressive performances, a feat he described down to focus, dedication and divine.

    "I'm still in the dream land with my first season in NPFL, I never thought it would be this interesting for me. I waited for my time as I know the coach has lots of confidence in me.

    "I believe in myself and God, may be He's making the meaning of my name working for me (Iko-Ojo in native Igala language means God's Time) and I really want to continue do well for Tornadoes, to get more games and positive results," he said.

  • No Comment to " Iko James Rallies Team Mates To Dim Sunshine Stars "