Footyalert

Footyalert. Powered by Blogger.
  • Fabiyi is hoping to put on good display for Sharks FC of Porthacourt.

    Reporter: 9jafootyalert
    Published: Wednesday 29 January 2014
    A- A+
    Fabiyi is hoping to put on good display for Sharks FC of Porthacourt.

    Sharks Football Club of Port Harcourt hitman, Tayo Fabiyi has promised to play his heart out for the Blue Angels by setting a fifteen goal target for himself as the 2013/2014 Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) gear towards the kick off date, February 23, 2014.

    Fabiyi believes his performance for the Port Harcourt side last term was not good enough despite the fact he played an important role in the team fight against the relegation thus he aim at scoring fifteen goals for his team as effort to improve on his performance and also to help Sharks Fc win a continental ticket at the end of the new season.

    The tall striker said
    "my performance for Sharks was not that good last season although people gave a lot of accolades to me for my display on the pitch but I accessed myself after the end of the season and I realized that I have not done enough, last season was so difficult for us because we were fighting against relegation to the lower league but at the end we made it top ten in the league as we claimed the 8th position on the log.

    "This season, I have set a fifteen goal target for myself as a way of upping my game and also to put up wonderful display for my team and fans , because the mission before us now is not to fight against relegation but to emerge as champions and get a continental ticket at end of our league campaign, which I believe we can accomplish with God on our side cum hardworking,"Fabiyi said.

    Sharks FC played a total number of 38 games last season in the NPFL won 15 drew 15 and lost eight and garnered 53 points.

    They will begin the 2013/2014 season with a road trip to Bayelsa United, on February 23.

    Subjects:

  • No Comment to " Fabiyi is hoping to put on good display for Sharks FC of Porthacourt. "